Monday, January 2, 2012

Out of the ashes rises the Phoenix

I'm not typically one for movies that appear to be sad or overly heavy sad emotional type movies. Though today I needed something with substance, something that would feed, or give me something I needed. I once read a book which described how these Israelite men and women would go to the movies just so they could cry. Some would start as soon as the movie began others would wait till the sadness of the movie triggered them to cry. Today I learned just how important it is to let yourself feel the full force of an emotion. Holding on to pain, anger, or just the anxiety of not knowing can be even more devastating than letting yourself feel the emotion. I chose the movie 'Aftershock' to assist me with unwrapping, a digging deeper. Since it had become obvious to even me that I needed to feel my emotions in their true form. I, like many other people, or maybe even you, was becoming overwhelmed by the emotions that were over taking my life.  As we all do from time to time.  Only sometimes the build up gets to be so much there is no way to release without a breakdown, melt down, or worse.......insanity. After having witnessed such, not personally but from a close distance, I know to say don't wait til you are at your last wits end to release what ever it is that is or has build up in you. Take time or force yourself to be free of stress or things that are the cause of your stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment