Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oh I screamed!

I screamed til I could scream no more and then I screamed some more.  I screamed even more for lack of an even better response.  Then I began to scream for good measure. Since the best cure for real terror combined with fear seemed to be none other than screaming.  I did just that I screamed some more.  What was the reason for all that screaming you ask?  It was simply my response to these roller coaster rides at Six Flags: Scream, the old wooden-last of it's kind, and Bizzaro.  Now two of the mentioned coasters are no joke coasters.  The first, Scream, is aptly named in that that is what you will do for the majority of the20 and a half floors of free falling at a speed of 55mph(89km/h) the ride takes you through.  After you so calmly climbed the height and were given ample time to sight see the surrounding landscape.  Bizzaro also rightly named for it's scream producing combination of drops of 221 feet(67.36meters) worth, climbs, and full turn overs at a sharp speed of 77mph(123km/h).  I learned that I can scream and scream some more.  No that's not all.  I know that more movies and Dr's are touting the idea of letting out your frustrations by screaming.  Though I have attempted this idea in the past with mere yelps, I'll refer to them as, they did produce some sort of relief.  I have to say that this new level of screaming came with a side effect I couldn't have predicted.   PEACE!  Yes after all that screaming it appears I screamed away the stress of my frustrations, angers, disappointments, and things I was nervous about.  Who knew screaming had perks.  Now I'm not saying go get screaming without a cause but just making an observation.  It appears that being willing to let go of one's self long enough to react completely can be beneficial.  I will however put a disclaimer-This statement dose not apply to all situations.  It dose however encourage that when frustrated, angry, or anxious seek a safe and healthy realease.

No comments:

Post a Comment