Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Inhibitions

We all have them. Honestly I think there should be some but when are they an actual problem?  Tonight I joined a friend in a birthday celebration at the Alhambra Palace. A nice spot I might add.  I witnessed a beautiful thing, a place where everyone came to dance. Yes, there was no groping, ogling, or focusing on bodies as sexual objects.  It was strictly about the dancing.  Such beautiful precise and well calculated dancing.  I on the other hand am a naturalist so much so that when one of my dance partners asked one or two step I didn't even know which I had been doing.  I realized when my second dance partner had to take me to the safe safe zone to deconstruct my dancing to basic that I was out of touch.  There is something to say for social interaction that tells us who we are and has no hiding place.  I realized that when we find ourselves retreating from society it's often really us retreating from ourselves.  For in social interactions we are forced to look at ourselves in an unforgiving mirror that won't hold back.  Step out and see what you will discover.  As for me, I'm off to dance lessons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment