Thursday, October 1, 2015

Why Not!

So I up and left.

I was done hearing my friend talk about how you should live where you want to and be happy there. I had gotten comfortable where life had brought me by default. I had thought about moving several times but would end up just looking for a better neighborhood. After several neighborhood haunts and a few moves to some of the ones that moved me, I still ended up back in the burbs hiding at my mother's place avoiding the shame of life as I knew it. A few years passed by quietly as I struggled to find some solace in just trying to fix any of the many things I had failed at. My list of failures is very impressive. So I finally decided I didn't want to focus on what was wrong with me but what was right with me. I decided I wanted to live somewhere that was natural disaster free, within the US as it just makes sense for now, and economically sweet for me. So I also paid attention to tax rates and housing prices. As well as areas that are currently experiencing a growth. Then my friend had this genius idea that since I wasn't sure if I would have a job that could keep it together when I moved I should probably apply for public housing. At this time, I just didn't want to fall on my face and wanted any form of comfort, in this so off key planning decision making, so I just did. She found something in the state that was just grabbing my attention. So I applied. We assumed if I got it it could be used anywhere. Got an email a week later that broke that bubble. It could only be used in that city. So I began to research the city and before I knew it, I wanted to live there. I got in touch with a realtor and practically rented a place. Later got an email that I was not on the waiting list for the assisted home, but could care less at that point. Then I got here and it has been beautiful and certainly one crazy major event after another. Maybe I'll sit down more and pen my crazy adventures. I'm sure you'll think I'm lying. Though I would love it if people stopped asking me why I moved here. I just did. By the way the weather is awesome and I can't get over the view of the water, just beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment