Friday, December 14, 2012

Life is fleeting life is short.

A woman in Chicago last month who was advocating strongly against gun violence, lost her son to the very same thing. What did she say in response to the senseless killing of her child.- 'They can't take away the 16yrs I got to have him.' That to me was the most powerful thing I'd ever heard.
 Today I did something I typically don't do. I followed a heart wrenching news story instead of just turning the radio off or moving my mind elsewhere. I even let myself feel the pain of the tragedy.
The saddest fact in this world is that there is a tragedy every second of everyday. Just because it didn't make the news or wasn't a mass occurrence doesn't make it any less tragic. Though this by no means gives us the right to just become unmoved. Tragedy should be wake up calls, reminders, and opportunities to show love to one another. Opportunities to be reminded of just how important it is to care, to show the ones you still have that you care?

No comments:

Post a Comment