Monday, November 14, 2011

Knowing what you want.

I once believed that ignorance is bliss and even attempted to live life as an adult with this idea. The thing with not knowing is you leave yourself blindsided. The one thing that is certain in life is there are options, choices, and decisions to be made. Knowing what you want provides you with a road map.---At this point someone is saying I know what I want but I still don't know which choice(s) is best for me. I respond to this with a resounding no you don't know with a definitive action plan what it is you want. Yes I've been you but with kicking, screaming, and even blatant refusal I claimed to know what I want but struggled with decision making. Why? In my case it was fear of failure what's your excuse? If you know what you want and are certain of it there are actions you will take and a road map in which you will follow. These actions or map(s) you will create or have adapted from someone else (A trail blazer you admire or believe had the right idea). When you decide to go from home (wherever that is) to the grocery store, school, work, a restaurant, your parents house or just somewhere you go often, you either use a map someone else supplies (GPS, Google maps, or another person provides) or you mentally road map your destination. The point I'm making is that when you decide to go somewhere you make a plan mentally or given. So if you know what you want in life why not make a plan or use one you trust. If you're going somewhere you've never been to ensure you get there and in a timely manner you check your map whether mentally or against an existing map (fps, actual map, or MapQuest). Why not do the same with your life road map(s). This will ensure you get where you want to be and in a timely fashion. (Either for short term goals, long term goals, or just one for the whole journey- you decided, but make sure to decide.) Now imagine teaching this to a child and having them do this from the earliest moments of life.
 Order---->the key to a well lived life.
 As much as I believe in being spontaneous I've truly come to see the power of accomplished order (After 30 years of fighting against).

No comments:

Post a Comment