Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Direction

With life you sometimes find out that something isn't working or just doesn't flow for you.  So in the spirit of both I'm adjusting the way this blog runs and might do so again in the future.

Thanks to a friend I realized that I couldn't find joy in life if I kept waiting or isolating myself from it.  I learned that it is healthy to keep a good social life and be active.  This has a different meaning for everyone.  I joined living social since it sounded like something that would require my socializing or encourage it.  So to test it out I bought a movie ticket for $9 that was worth two tickets at anytime of day.  My son was the beneficiary of the second ticket and he loved me much for this move.  Then I bought a $10 gift certificate that was worth $20 for Glunz Winery of course I search their website first.  I took almost three weeks before I could make it there.  During that time I discovered an empty bottle of theirs in my parents pantry that looked familiar but I couldn't remember the taste. So here's where the story get's sweet and the point gets made.

The closest Glunz Winery was in Long Grove.  I read about the charm of the town but didn't know what to expect.  Apparently once in an attempt at a short cut I'd driven through the town and wondered at it.  My GPS kind of left me hanging.  It pointed the spot but when I totally couldn't see the name on any sign or the address on a tiny main street I pulled over to the closest parking after driving up and down. After a look around at some beautiful artistry and finally stopping in a bakery- required self control not to purchase anything- where I received directions.  I found the place as described and purchased the wines from a very friendly lady who taught me that a winter wine is best drunk hot to warm.  Then on the way out I discovered the thing that proved why we need to socialize and be open to new experiences, The Pastry shop.  Why was this so important, simply the previous day I had seen the most exquisite cake on a Better Homes cover that just made me want to eat it.  For the first time ever I spoke to my sister about actually finding a real life version.  So this is why this pastry shop suddenly became a beautiful site and in I went.  So I find that yes the baker who is the brother to the lady in the shop who's mom is consultant and worker in this same shop.  Then this lovely lady and I play out this cake as I describe it and discover that the red berry's along side the blue berries in the picture are actually lingonberry, a berry that IKEA has taught me in their soda selection to be a sweet and em lovely flavor.  Then the glaze becomes a bit tricky cause it did have a slight tint to it in the picture so for a second I confused the basic sugar topping for a cream cheese glaze which we sorted out.  After a phone consultation with her brother via phone due to his filing his taxes it was discovered that a good source for Lingonberries were not available at this time. Of course we decided that when this was no longer the case that they would contact me. Then came the sweetest part of the visit.  Then she told me that she was that way with clothes and that she would find the cheapest look alike to what she liked and then have her tailor alter it to have the perfect clothes.
Now I'm telling you if you don't know.  I am embarking on this journey to bring my clothing designs to life and this woman just gave me the motivation I had been needing.  Just at the start of the trip out to get the wine my free Vista Print business cards I ordered, which lead to my purchase of a completely designed website and the transferring of my already owned web address, had arrived.  This woman was the icing on the cake. I had been going back and forth with the idea of purchasing other peoples clothes to fill my site but in this tiny shop I finally decided that no I didn't need a full site of 80 or 500 clothes I just needed to start and my passion would drive me and others who understood would support till I could make sense to the mass public.  This is how I found joy today.
 I hope this was motivational to you reading, please be willing to take the steps that lead to your joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment