Thursday, November 30, 2017

Oil change beware

So a long time ago I learned you shouldn't go just anywhere for an oil change. My husband though to stop in a location not far from the home but in route. We had previously gone here for services but at those times we knew people who worked there. Though none of those people currently work there.

He went in for an oil change and was talked into a three pack oil change for the sweet price of $72 and some change. After the initial oil change my husband complained that the breaks felt loose after the oil change. So when the check engine light went off and there was no oil in the engine I rushed to buy engine oil to keep it going long enough to get to the shop.
***Please note that the issue of the engine oil completely being used up is one I've encountered with this car several times and was always associated with going to get my oil changed outside of a Buick dealership-no comment just observation.
Though when I got to the location for a second oil change I was informed that my husband had five a conventional oil change but this particular Buick requires full synthetic. I asked them to check the breaks as my husband complained they were loose after the Oil change. When he commented that breaks have nothing to do with an oil change I stated but they are loose and it happened after the last oil change. So after looking at the car he returned with a report. First that a fluid had been poured into the breaks and it was now eating the rubber in the break system which would lead to needing a whole new break system. He then offered a break flush which would give me a month of time rather than less than a week of time. Thank God I know people I can take the car to to look it over. Will post an update when I find out what's really up. Please note the car is a 2013 Buick Verano with over a 100 thousand miles and was originally purchased with CarMax less than two years prior with about 89thousand miles at the time. Yes there has been a ton of driving but noting to warrant the situation experienced at this oil change. I get that I'm a female and some mechanic might take advantage of that. Though to my defense last week I changed bought the bulb for a head light at Auto zone and was able to tell the guy how to help me change my bulb. Wasn't able to get the cap off quickly so he offered.

So in retrospect don't take your car in for an oil change without questions asked and if something goes wrong after go back and make them take responsibility. Though I doubt this location will, but once I know what's really up will return with lawyer and back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment